How to distribute a classical music release
Classical releases are subject to more specific formatting. Non-public-domain musical works (such as contemporary classical scores) are not subject to the standard classical format.
In general: Please consult http://imslp.org/ to find more information about specific formatting of classical works (incl. composer names, work and movement titles).
- Adding the first initial in front of the last name is also acceptable.
- Performers must be listed as main artists and can include symphonies, orchestras, choirs, conductors, or soloists.
- On track level a detailed artist listing is possible.
- On release level, only the most important roles should be listed (orchestra, choir, conductor, only the most important soloists).
- Composers should not be listed as artists, unless they are in fact performing on the recording.
- Additional track details such as “Arr. by X” should be added in brackets after the title in the title field. Do not enter any details in the version title field.
- Key and catalogue numbers are not always required.
- Please consult http://imslp.org/ to find more information about specific formatting of classical works (incl. composer names, work and movement titles).
- Composers must be listed on a track level as contributors.
- Please enter the full composer’s name and don’t use abbreviations.
- Feel free to consult http://imslp.org/ to find more details about the correct spelling of the composers' names.